Saturday, March 8, 2008

They are growing up!!!

I seem to focus on what my girls don't do but... I was just thinking of how much they are helping around the house. It seems that in the last month they are changing in their maturity. Ellie decided this week that she would start to make her lunches for school and pack her bag for school. Wow what a help that was the next morning. She even cleaned up the kitchen when she was done. The other night after supper she asked if she could clean the supper dishes!!! Then the other night when I went to her room to put her to bed she said, "Mom, I have to pick up my room first" and she did get it cleaned up quickly. Ava loves to help with laundry. She puts the clothes into the dryer, takes them out of the dryer, and sorts them into piles. She also helps with loading and unloading the dishwasher. Ava is our dog helper. She sends them outside, calls them back, and feeds them for me. I am thankful for their help. I sent a note in Ellie's lunch bag thanking her for her help. She told me last night, "Mom, thanks for the note and you are welcome". It just warms your heart.:)

5 comments:

Life in Midlothian said...

WOW! What a big help. I can not wait until that day but the girls do make their beds up almost every morning but I still have to ask them to do it. Tell Ellie and Ava that we are proud of them for their big help. Love,Aunt Alison

K + S Chappell said...

That's really neat! They are such sweet little girls, tender hearted, and love to help! Lv, Gramma

Mimi/Susan said...

Way to go girls!

All American Family said...

What sweet girls you have.

Alison said...

This is so sweet. I was telling my mom the other day how I miss working together in the kitchen with her and my sister. I am looking forward to that with my girls...