Friday, October 5, 2007

Mom just doesn't get it....

We went to Ellie's open house on Wednesday night and it was nice to see what she is learning but... I was told by the teacher that Ellie said " Mom doesn't know how to do this math because she is from GA but my dad can do it because he went to this school and is from here!" Well... the story behind that is.... They are doing this math program called Everyday Math and you learn 3 different ways to do each objective. One night she was not understanding her math homework and I guess I wasn't doing a good job at explaining. Brad was able to teach her in 2 mins. and of course I was called into the room to show me how she picked up his explanation so quickly.

You just never know what they will say....


Oh... and another Ellie saying today in the car...

Ellie and Ava were talking in the car and Ava told Ellie that on the first day of school a girl "cut" her in line on the slide. Ellie said "Well, Ava I am seven so I am older than her and it if she does that again you tell her that I will come and tell her not to do that, Ok Ava" Ava-"OK"

A big sister taking up for her sister--she really does love and care about her!

Now was I to respond to that or just let it go?

2 comments:

All American Family said...

oh dear...I'm going to be in some real trouble when it comes to helping Jacob with his math homework one day...I probably REALLY won't get it. But I do know when to use "thier", "there", and "they're"...wonder if that will help any? What about "to", "too", and "two"?

Mimi/Susan said...

At least the teacher told you about it and didn't assume that you really are a dumb hick. Maybe you'll get to redeem yourself soon! As the saying goes "kids say the darnest things"!